Friday, December 28, 2012

Act of Consecration to the Holy Family


Act of Consecration to the Holy Family

O Jesus, behold our family prostrate before thee.  Once more do we consecrate ourselves to thee---our trails and joys---that our home like Thine, may ever be the shrine of peace, purity, love and faith.  Do thou protect and bless all of us both absent and present, and be merciful to those departed. 
O Mary, loving Mother of Jesus, and our Mother pray to Jesus for our family, for all the families of the world, to guard the cradle of the newborn, the schools of the young and their vocations.
O Joseph, Holy Guardian of Jesus and Mary, assist us by thy prayers in all our necessities of life.  Watch over our home, at the pillow of the sick and dying, so that we may all be united to Jesus with Mary and thee for all eternity.  Amen



Invocations

Jesus, Mary , Joseph.
Jesus , Mary and joseph, I give you my heart and soul.
Jesus Mary and Joseph, assist me in my last agony.
Jesus Mary and Joseph, may I breathe forth my soul in peace with you.
An indulgence of seven years for each vocation. the above are recommended as post communion prayers and for daily recitation by the family, together if possible.  Occasional recitation of the invocations is also suggested. 

Imprimatur Thomas E. Molloy
Archbishop of Brooklyn (1884-1956)
Family Communion Crusade

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful thing to do as a family. We are wanting to focus not only on Faith this year but also on our family. I would like to put up a beautiful picture of the Holy Family in our family room. Could you tell me who the artist is of the Holy Family icon picture you used here so we can purchase one for our home? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did this for many years .. I have found this Prayer once again and I Love it , as I do God our Father

    ReplyDelete